Posting this here, for myself, because it beats looking it up every time (and I never got the hang of recipe bookmarks).
- 1-2/3 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons white sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan of your bread machine, select Dough setting and start. When dough has risen long enough, machine will beep.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently roll and stretch dough into a 12 inch rope. With a sharp knife, divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each into a smooth ball. With a rolling pin, roll each ball into a 6 to 7 inch circle. Set aside on a lightly floured countertop. cover with a towel. Let pitas rise about 30 minutes until slightly puffy.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Place 2 or 3 pitas on a wire cake rack. Place cake rack directly on oven rack. Bake pitas 4 to 5 minutes until puffed and tops begin to brown. Remove from oven and immediately place pitas in a sealed brown paper bag or cover them with a damp kitchen towel until soft. Once pitas a softened, either cut in half or split top edge for half or whole pitas. They can be stored in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for 1 or 2 months.